For the first time in Malaysia, Open University Malaysia (OUM) and People Skills Asia Pte Ltd (PSA) will be joinltly offering an Executive Diploma in Retail Management. This executive programme is designed for managers, executives and senior supervisors in the retail industry. The programme represents the ‘next step’ for managerial staff who are keen to develop their personal and professional profiles. The programme also offers considerable opportunities for personal advancement for career minded executives in the industry. Take advantage of this unique and challenging retail management programme and capitalize on the benefits of professional self development.
After completion, participants will be able to :
- Intergrate theory and practice and manage various retail functions and operations
- Become more effective retail managers, executives and supervisors
- Think more strategically
- Improve their awareness of the retail business environment Programme Modules
- Introduction to Retailing
- Retailing and the paper writing service Competitive Environment
- Identifying and Understanding Customers in Retailing
- Retail Buying and Merchandising
- Retail Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Retail Logistics
- Retail Operations and Management
- Retail Marketing and Customer Care in Retailing
- Information Technology and Retailing
- Project Paper
The Executive Diploma in Retail Management can be completed in 12 months
Who Should Attend ?
This course is suited for managers, executives and senior supervisors working in the retail industry who would like to scale to new heights by strengthening their knowledge base and better able to integrate retail theory and practice. The course is also suitable for executives who are new to the retail industry and would like to fast-track their professional development.
Entry Requirements ·
- SPM/O Levels Three (3) credits with 3 years of working experience.
- STPM Two (2) principals with 2 years of working experience.
- Applicants who possess other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Those without formal or higher education will also be considered if they have significant and RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE and can satisfy Open University Malaysia that he or she has the ability to undertake the executive diploma study.
The programme will be run as lectures, real case discussions, workshops and a site visit. Copies of lecture notes and any additional notes shall be provided.
Each participant will have to submit an assignment and examination for each module of the programme.
- Assessment -40%
- Coursework/Assignment -60%
An Executive Diploma in Retail Management will be awarded to participants by Open University Malaysia who have successfully completed the course and passed the necessary coursework and examinations.
The programme will be jointly taught by lecturers from Open University Malaysia and People Skills Asia (S) Pte Ltd and its Associates who are all have worked in the food and retail industry and are thus highly experienced.
|< Prev||Next >|